Central’s Mission Outreach extends down the street along Albemarle Road and Central Avenue through East Charlotte, to needs in our state and country, as well as around the world.
As a Methodist Church, Central is connected to churches and missions throughout the country and the world. UMCOR , the United Methodist Committee on Relief, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR’s work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more.
Central serves the east Charlotte community and beyond, and we welcome your participation. . . .
- Central Cares is one of our church’s premier giving services, providing a generous box of food monthly to nearly 70 families.
- Church members tutor, provide special lunches for teachers, proctor exams and volunteer for other tasks at our partner schools: Albemarle Road Elementary School (ARES) and Albemarle Road Middle School (ARMS).
- English is taught to speakers of other languages in two free projects.
- 1,000 or more Eastside residents and hundreds of volunteers are drawn to Central’s annual free Carnival.
- Church members and friends partner with several community organizations to serve, such as Habitat for Humanity, Love, Inc., CROP, Room in the Inn and others. More pictures here.
- Youth take a week out of their summer to participate in work projects such as CCC.
- Members and area residents share a community garden for fresh produce.