Central’s Mission Outreach extends down the street along Albemarle Road and Central Avenue through East Charlotte, to needs in our state and country, as well as around the world.
As a Methodist Church, Central is connected to churches and missions throughout the country and the world. UMCOR , the United Methodist Committee on Relief, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR’s work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more.
Central serves the east Charlotte community and beyond, and we welcome your participation. . . .
Seasonal opportunities to get involved in RIGHT NOW:
LIVE NATIVITY SCENE
TIS THE SEASON!!! It is that time of year once again. The time of year in which we come together and share the love of Jesus Christ with our neighbors. As some of you may already know, the Young Adults Sunday School class (led by our fearless leader Kevin Eudy), is going to be taking over the Live Nativity Scene.
BUT HAVE NO FEAR!!! We have the love, guidance, and continued prayer of Central by our side. With that in mind, we have the sign-up sheets ready to go in the Narthex. This event will not be possible without you, so please come out and support us as we go out on Albemarle Road and share the moment in history that changed our lives forever.
Volunteers needed for set-up, Saturday, Dec. 2 at 9 am. If you would also like to help with set-up contact Jeff Moss or Kevin Eudy through the church office 704-536-9157 or for any questions.
NOTE NEW PRESENTATION TIMES THIS YEAR: Dec. 15, 6-8 pm; Dec. 16, 5-8 pm.
DONATIONS NEEDED BY DEC.6 FOR CHRISTMAS FOR THE MILITARY TROOPS PROJECT
See details here.
VOLUNTEER AT SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK
We have THREE upcoming opportunities to serve the Hungry in our community at Second Harvest Food Bank. December 7 (Thursday), January 3 (Wednesday), and February 6 (Tuesday). The hours are 1-4pm. We would like to have nine people each day. We are trying weekday hours as weekends tend to get busy with family and church activities.
Our Central Cares Food Pantry receives credits when we volunteer so that our pantry is able to purchase from Second harvest a lot of food for monthly boxes at a greatly discounted price. Come check out their renovations and how they are growing!
Please email Jim Guimond at email@example.com or call or text 704-568-9141 if you are able to help on any of these dates. Transportation can be arranged. Thank you for considering spending some of your time at Second Harvest! The last three times we went, we had FUN!!! —Jim Guimond
YEAR ROUND WAYS CENTRAL REACHES OUT TO THE COMMUNITY:
- Central Cares is one of our church’s premier giving services, providing a generous box of food monthly to nearly 70 families.
- Church members tutor, provide special lunches for teachers, proctor exams and volunteer for other tasks at our partner schools: Albemarle Road Elementary School (ARES) and Albemarle Road Middle School (ARMS).
- English is taught to speakers of other languages in two free projects.
- 1,000 or more Eastside residents and hundreds of volunteers are drawn to Central’s annual free Carnival.
- Church members and friends partner with several community organizations to serve, such as Habitat for Humanity, Love, Inc., CROP, Room in the Inn and others. More pictures here.
- Youth take a week out of their summer to participate in work projects such as CCC.
- Members and area residents share a community garden for fresh produce.