Central’s Mission Outreach extends down the street along Albemarle Road and Central Avenue through East Charlotte, to needs in our state and country, as well as around the world.
As a Methodist Church, Central is connected to churches and missions throughout the country and the world. UMCOR , the United Methodist Committee on Relief, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR’s work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more.
March 31 is UMCOR Sunday when Methodist churches around the world contribute to UMCOR for the church to be the hands and feet of Christ in disasters all over the earth. Each gift allows UMCOR to immediately respond to floods, famine, storms, earthquakes and other disasters. Please plan to give generously.
Central serves the east Charlotte community and beyond, and we welcome your participation. . . .
Three Church Food Ministries Serve Our Community: Central Cares, Central Fees and Central Meals on Wheels. Details here.
April Mission Needs: macaroni and cheese meals, dish detergent (not for dishwashers), and canned vegetables of any kind.
February Missions Update here.
Central’s 2019 Carnival drew a large crowd for a day of food, fun and entertainment. See photos here.
127 bookbags filled for area Charlotte students
Donations of school supplies and cash were gathered in massive shopping trips and organized for filling bookbags that were given to families before school started.
Ongoing opportunities to get involved:
VOLUNTEER AT SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK
We have opportunities throughout the year to serve the Hungry in our community at Second Harvest Food Bank. We would like to have nine people each day. We are trying weekday hours as weekends tend to get busy with family and church activities. Watch for announcements about scheduled work days.
Our Central Cares Food Pantry receives credits when we volunteer so that our pantry is able to purchase from Second harvest a lot of food for monthly boxes at a greatly discounted price.
Please email Jim Guimond at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 704-568-9141 if you are interested in receiving notification about scheduled workdays. Transportation can be arranged. Thank you for considering spending some of your time at Second Harvest! When we go, we have FUN!!! —Jim Guimond
YEAR ROUND WAYS CENTRAL REACHES OUT TO THE COMMUNITY:
- Central Cares is one of our church’s premier giving services, providing a generous box of food monthly to nearly 70 families.
- Church members tutor, provide special lunches for teachers, proctor exams and volunteer for other tasks at our partner schools: Albemarle Road Elementary School (ARES) and Albemarle Road Middle School (ARMS).
- English is taught to speakers of other languages in two free projects.
- 1,000 or more Eastside residents and hundreds of volunteers are drawn to Central’s annual free Carnival in the spring.
- Church members and friends partner with several community organizations to serve, such as Habitat for Humanity, Love, Inc., CROP, Room in the Inn and others. More pictures here.
- Youth take a week out of their summer to participate in work projects such as CCC.
- Members and area residents share a community garden for fresh produce.