Director of Outreach Irma Sandoval announced a new volunteer opportunity that you can do from home before Nov. 29.
The Latin American Coalition is hosting an event from now until the end of Giving Tuesday, Dec, 1, in which they are asking individuals from across Charlotte to write welcome letters to new immigrant families. Over the next year, they will be giving these personalized welcome letters to the families seeking services at the Coalition, so they really feel they have a place in the Charlotte community.
This is a volunteer event we thought would help new immigrants feel welcome in our community. The details are below, as well as a link to the Facebook event in case you have questions. https://fb.me/e/1LfMiFMep
Would you be willing to write a letter to a family?
Central Sunday School youth have already written some letters and even decorated their stationery and envelopes.
Bring your letters to our church between now and Nov. 29. We will drop them off at the Coalition on Nov. 30.
Virtual: Send your scanned handwritten letter or typed letter to email@example.com
Tips for a good letter:
- Please keep your message to a single page (8” x 11”)
- Feel free to write multiple letters
- Spanish or English is fine (we will translate for you!)
- Keep in mind: Language proficiency may be limited for some families
- Suggested topics: your favorite park, restaurant, or activity (including during times of COVID); what makes Charlotte special to you